God loveth a cheerful giver (II Corinthians 9:6-12).
It is good for the church to give and it is good for you to give as well!
Our Church Gives To Others
Here at CSUMC we believe in cheerfully giving to our members, our visitors, and to the greater community around us. Our church’s mission is to give of our best to enhance positive spiritual growth. This should be evident in everything we do, especially in our ministries and activities. Please look these over and see how this church can best support you; we want to make a big positive spiritual impact. God loves a cheerful generous giver and this church body wishes to be so blessed.
Giving is Good for You
Cheerful giving is good for you too, whether you are a member or visitor.
You can give in many ways not involving money. Even only visiting makes a contribution just by showing your interest. We also have many outreach programs, committees & groups where you can make a positive difference in ways which matches your own interests and skills. CSUMC is a great place to use your talents for good.
Exercising your abilities to give of your money is good for you too. Perhaps this is a result of outwardly proving to your inner self your faith in receiving more of what God has already so generously given to you. Scientific research provides many proofs; e.g., that volunteering improves your health and longevity at any age and especially for older adults. Many secular philosophers & business savants have also long noted that one of the basic laws of nature is that the more you give the more you will receive.
How to Make Financial Gifts
Financial gifts are are most welcome and definitely help the church enhance its positive impact on the world. If you do wish to make such a donation to or through the church here is some relevant information.
- An opportunity to give offerings is often provided at worship services and, sometimes, at a few group meetings. You can also leave suggestions there as well.
Please! Use the Buckets! At each door at the end of each service, you’ll find a small bucket (small so you can fill it!). The idea is to bring your pocket change to church to put into the buckets for Apportionments. While “small change” will in no way pay our Apportionments, it will go a long way toward reminding us of our share of A-Portion-Meant for others.
- Checks should be made to Crystal Springs Methodist Church. If you wish to mail such checks please send them to Crystal Springs Methodist Church, 2145 Bunker Hill Dr, San Mateo, CA 94402.
- Donations of money or goods to CSUMC are tax deductible. Whenever you would like a receipt please leave a note with your gift or just ask the church secretary. You deserve to get your proper tax deductions.
- On-line donations are not available yet. Please let us know (email: [email protected]) if we should make setting that up a priority on the web committee’s to do list.
Thank you for your interest and support. If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact us!
Fundraising (free to you)
The eScrip fundraising program allows participating merchants (such Safeway, Draegers, and Molly Stone’s) to contribute a percentage of your grocery loyalty card and credit card purchases to the organization of your choice at no cost to you. This makes giving regular contributions easy, automatic and FREE to you and really helps the church.
Registering takes only a few moments of time and your grocery card number. Click on this secure eScrip link to register. Then be sure to enter eScrip Group ID# 4964292 when requested which will identify Crystal Springs United Methodist Church as the organization you wish to support.
See the eScrip Program – Fundraising for the church for more details or for personal help getting registered on or off the Internet.
These references show what both biblical and non-biblical sources have to say about the benefits of cheerful giving.
- Corinthians 9:6-7: But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
- Luke 6:38: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
- Malachi 3:10 (English Standard Version): Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.
- The Law of Compensation by Ralph Waldo Emerson, one of America’s earliest and most important philosophers.
- The Law of Overcompensation by Brian Tracey, a popular modern business writer.
- The Habit of Going the Extra Mile & The Law of Increasing Returns by Napoleon Hill, famous author of “Think & Grow Rich” who spent his life studying the lives of the most successful businessmen of his time.
- Cheerful Giving at CSUMC