You DO NOT NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING at all ABOUT THE INTERNET to help out on our WebSite Committee. You don’t even have to attend any of our very few informal meetings unless you want to. If you do wish to learn more about how the web works then our WebSite Committee is a good place to get started while doing good deeds for the church. Our most active members are Esther Kim, Lawrence Yiu and Mike Sullivan.
We can use your help in a variety of ways, including:
- Writing content for blog posts and pages and social media. Of course, we are always looking for interesting, useful content and anyone is welcome to contribute just for one time or on a regular basis.
- Taking Pictures.
- Organizing, editing and adding Multi-Media such as pictures, sermons, videos, and audio.
- Promoting the website on places like the Highland’s Lowdown newspaper and a wide variety of other local media.
- Helping with our SEO (Search Engine Optimization) efforts to get more visible on the web. We will show you how to get the website listed on different websites and what to say there.
- Adding and Editing blog posts.
- Managing Social Media such as the church’s FaceBook and Twitter pages.
- Adding Events.
- Reporting on church activities.
- Contacting and organizing other group activities. E.g., church group leaders can provide us more information about their group and special events.
- Training church members on web basics including how to use our website.
And there are probably many, many more ways as well. We’ll help you figure out how you can best help. No previous background, experience or technical skills are required.
We always welcome relevant new content for this website from any and all church committees and church members! We are here to make the best activities more visible and successful. Help us help you.
Below is a list of several regular contributors to this website (e.g., they provide content, promotion, expertise, etc.) as well as a few committee-members-at-large. If you have any suggestions or corrections, or if any of these areas interest you we would appreciate your help. Please feel free to contact Esther, our editor, or to contact the people below directly if you know them.
- Editor – Esther Kim, contact Esther by email or phone at the church office
- Developer – Mike Sullivan, website: www.Leads-Magic.com
- Social Media – We need more help making entries into Facebook, Google + and other social media. Become a social media expert … we’ll help you learn.
- FaceBook – Esther Kim and Susana Pau
- Google Plus – Mike Sullivan
- eScrip – Jeanette Hobbs
- Highland’s LowDown – Steve Schlichter, email [email protected], writes content for the LowDown.
- Highlands NextDoor.com – Dianne Weitzel writes content and events for NextDoor.
- Wally Rutherford, email [email protected], worked several years on the previous site whose content is now being reused on the new site.
- Sunday Bulletins – Esther Kim, email [email protected]
- Monthly Newsletters – Laura Johnson
- Directories – More help is needed updating outside directories and other outside sites. Several are not pointing correctly to our website.
- Back to Church Groups