We have a great variety of church groups which regularly meet to accomplish different goals. A few are listed below. Besides accomplishing good for the community and yourself these groups are an excellent way to meet fine people and to have a lot of fun.
Please join us whether you are an expert or not! If you have any questions at all, please contact the church office or one of the leaders noted below.
Here are just some of our many adult groups. Others can be found on our calendar and around the website. These are informal groups to which visitors are always welcome. If you are new, please feel free to contact the church office ahead of time or to come a few minutes early if you would like the leader to help you get oriented. However, that is not necessary though we do recommend you confirm dates and times on the church calendar.
- Meditation Practice & Discussion – Group meditation every Monday night, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm, and every Thursday morning, 9:00 am – 10:00 am. If you are new to meditation check out our introductory meditation classes. See Calendar. Contact: Pastor Hee-Soon Kwon. email: email@example.com
- Girlfriends United – A church women’s group which holds events throughout the year where the women of the church get together to socialize. Visitors are welcome.
- Women’s Bible Study – A group of women meet every other Friday morning (10:00 am) in the Fireside Room. We are studying the NOOMA series, a series of short films that explore our world from the perspective of Jesus.
- Choir Rehearsal – Meets every Tuesday, 7:30 pm. See Calendar. Contacts: Bill Alley & Diane Musgrave.
- Outreach Programs – We have several outreach programs each month to help those in need. Please join us in helping others.
- All-Congregation Work Day – Help us keep our church facilities in shape. This group meets at 9:00 am the first Saturday each month at the church. See Calendar. Contact: Linda Burnside. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Labyrinth – We are in the process of creating a new group whose goal is to make a church labyrinth. Contact: Pastor Hee-Soon Kwon. email: email@example.com
- WebSite Development – Assist as needed with website development & promotion. If you are interested in helping in any way or in learning more about the web works let us know. No experience required. Contact: Esther Kim. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caregivers Support Group – Meets third Monday of every month from 5-7 pm. See Calendar. Contact: Dianne Weitzel.
- Outside Groups – These groups use church facilities but are run by outside organizations. They include Highlands Recreation Center programs, Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and two weekday child day-care facilities.
Church Leadership Committees
Here are some of the leadership groups which help run the church. They welcome your ideas and talents. Please contact the church office or committee leaders listed below for ways you can best participate.
- Board of Trustees (Buildings & Grounds) – Meets third Thursday every month 6:30 p.m. See Calendar. Contact: Linda Burnside. email: email@example.com
- Worship/Ministries Committee – Contact: Diane Musgrave or Judy Riedy. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative Board – Meets fourth Wednesday every other month 7:00 p.m. See Calendar. Contact: Steve Schlichter. email: email@example.com
- Finance Committee – Contact: Elizabeth Kurr. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education/Sunday School Committee – Contact: Ingrid Humke
- Staff Parish Relations Committee – Contact: Susana Pau. email@example.com
- Nomination Committee – Contact: Pastor Hee-Soon Kwon. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lay Leader Committee – Contact: Ivoni Maama